See all reviews
This product has been discontinued, and the remaining stock will be liquidated. Take 30% off all liquidation products under Powder City's Partial Liquidation Sale. 30% off discount has already been applied to the price shown.
Hydroxytyrosol acetate is a phenolic compound.  The hydroxytyrosol portion of the molecule is most often found in the olive plant.
Supplementation allows consistent, optimal intake of this powerful cellular health supplement rather than relying on a food source. The content of dietary sources, such as olive oil, varies.  This makes it difficult to measure consumption from dietary sources alone.
Hydroxytyrosol Acetate Benefits
Hydroxytyrosol may be one of the most powerful cellular health supplements available. Additional benefits include body composition and supplementing cognitive health.*
Due to its chemical structure, hydroxytyrosol donates a hydrogen molecule to free-radicals. In doing so, it can deactivate harmful free-radicals in a direct manner.* 
Supplementation can also boost several cellular signaling pathways to increase natural defenses.  This is the result of hydroxytyrosol increasing endogenous detoxifying enzymes.  In doing so, it protects mitochondrion from oxidative damage, which promotes healthy cellular function.*
Benefits to Body Composition
Continued use of this supplement is also correlated with decreased levels of thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH). At first glance, this seems like a negative effect. However, high levels of TSH can occur when the thyroid is underactive, An elevated metabolism leads to higher ATP demands. Hydroxytyrosol acetate can increase mitochondrial formation and function.* 
Research has not brought about a clear mechanism behind this phenomenon. It may occur in response to thyroid modulation or as a result of stimulating a protein known as PPARGC1-alpha.* [3,5]
Benefits to Cognitive Health
The same mitochondrial boost that gives hydroxytyrosol its body composition benefits, is also responsible for its cognitive health properties. By modulating mitochondrial biogenesis, hydroxytyrosol can supplement cellular health in the brain.* [3,6]
The mechanism through which hydroxytyrosol helps benefit cardiovascular health, also offers a cognitive aid.*
The Benefits of Cellular
Oxidative stress chips away at cell structure. With age, another cell health adversary comes into play, amyloid-ß (Aß) proteins.
Age can induce lipid peroxidation, which decreases cellular health. Hydroxytyrosol acetate can promote cellular health activity, to aid in combating this negative synergy.* [3,6]
Individuals should take 25mg of hydroxytyrosol acetate per day. This is roughly equal to four red micro scoops.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.