See all reviews
This product has been discontinued, and the remaining stock will be liquidated. Take 30% off all liquidation products under Powder City's Partial Liquidation Sale. 30% off discount has already been applied to the price shown.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic Acid, also known as Sodium Hyaluronate, is a substance that the human body naturally produces.
It is found in high concentrations in joints in particular. Because of this, individuals use hyaluronic acid supplements to promote joint health. However, this supplement has positive implications for skin health and healthy aging as well.
Hyaluronic Acid Benefits
Hyaluronic acid is a chief element in synovial fluid which is found in synovial joints*. These are the most common type of movable joint in the human body. The primary function of synovial fluid is to reduce friction between cartilage and synovial joints while moving. 
While more study is needed, there is great interest in hyaluronic acid and its effects on healthy aging*. The source of this attention is a rodent, the naked mole rat.
While comparative rodents live for half a decade or less, the naked mole rat can live up to 32 years. This study concluded that the abundant amount of hyaluronic acid found in this animal is responsible for its lifespan and relative health compared to other mammals. 
As far as human applications go, there is much interest in hyaluronic acid in supplementing healthy skin. While more human study is needed, the popularity of this substance as a healthy aging supplement has led many to refer to it as “the fountain of youth*.” 
Individuals should take 100mg of hyaluronic acid daily.
Additional ResourcesHyaluronic Acid
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.