See all reviews
Empty Gelatin Capsules
Gelatin is a substance found naturally in a number of different sources. What most people are not aware of is that gelatin and gelatin capsules can be an excellent addition to your diet or supplement routine. There areÂ a number of interesting and exciting health benefits associated with them.*
Many of the pills or capsules that you take are enclosed in the form of a gelatinous shell or outer coating. They are also known as soft gels. Companies use gelatin in a number of manufacturing processes, including cosmetics, foods and medicines .
Interestingly enough, gelatin comes from animals. It is essentially the collagen found in many animals, especially in their hoofs, bones, and skin. In years past, it was also quite common to use gelatin in cooking and baking. Unfortunately, the modern diet has changed all of this and many people are quite lacking this very helpful substance in their diets .
Gelatin Capsules Benefits
Since gelatin capsules contain collagen, one of the reported benefits is to help promote joint health . One study performed by Ball State University found gelatin could supplement joint health in athletes as well . Users also take gelatin for promoting hair and skin health. Skin is made up of a large amount of collagen. Supplementation with gelatin capsules helps to benefit the feel and smoothness of skin . These benefits also have been known to transfer to the hair, which will begin to have more shine and strength after a few weeks of supplementation .*
Gelatin Capsules Contain Amino Acid
Gelatin is also one of the few sources to contain a large amount of Arginine and Glycine. These are amino acids (proteins) essential for the development of muscle building. Additionally, they also help to convert glucose into energy (rather than fat). Glycine has also been shown to promote a healthy digestive track and absorb calcium in the stomach .*
Gelatin Capsules Capacity
Size #0: .3g - .7g
Size #00: .5g - .9g
Size #000: .6g - 1.35g
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.