See all reviews
This product is only available at 25% OFF on Sunday.
We've all heard that dark chocolate is good for you. While this is often used as an excuse to overindulge, there is some truth to it. Epicatechin is one of the primary flavanols that gives dark chocolate its health boosting reputation.
Of foods that contain epicatechin, cocoa has the highest content. Skipping the unnecessary calories and opting for epicatechin is optimal as the manufacturing process of dark chocolate can cause it to lose up to 80% of its health properties. 
Epicatechin Supplement Benefits
Epicatechin is much more than a cocoa extract. Its antioxidant properties can promote overall health.  Its interactions with cortisol and the lipid system can also improve longevity.*
Its physical performance benefits stem from its mitochondrial enhancement properties. Epicatechin promotes a lean body composition as well. Epicatechin can promote healthy visual and spatial memory by upregulating genes associated with learning.* 
Mitochondria are the cellular powerhouse. Epicatechin supplementation can promote their formation in skeletal muscles.  To further this benefit, epicatechin supplementation benefits mitochondrial function and activity as well.  By these mechanisms, supplementing with epicatechin can promote lean mass.* One study revealed that epicatechin supplementation enhanced participants' exercise capacity and as well. 
By promoting mitochondrial activity, epicatechin can combat muscular fatigue.  This allows you to run farther or lift heavier with greater ease.*
Epicatechin helps to promote natural thermogenesis.  Though the mechanism behind its thermogenic properties isn't fully understood, it's likely due to the promotion of muscular aerobic metabolism.* 
Epicatechin crosses the blood-brain barrier; this makes it easier for it to supplement cognition.  This supplement can also promote healthy cognitive function.*
One study backs the above claim, with the epicatechin group showing a 25% improvement in visual memory recognition speed compared to the control group.  Epicatechin can supplement the regulation of genes associated with memory and learning as well. It is not yet known whether gene expression and cell density have a cause and effect relationship.* 
Health and Longevity
Epicatechin boosts angiogenesis which can promote heart health.* 
Epicatechin promotes relaxation as well.*
The recommended dosage of epicatechin is 200mg daily.
Examine's article on epicatechin content in dark chocolate.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.