See all reviews
What Is Eleuthero Root (Eleutherococcus Senticosus)?
Eleuthero root (Eleutherococcus senticosus) is an adaptogen with a therapeutic history of use in many Asian countries such as China, Japan Korea, and also in Russia. Owing to its use in the latter country and its resemblance to ginseng, this supplement is also called Siberian ginseng. The root is traditionally utilized for anti-fatigue, pro-vitality, and longevity purposes. The main bioactive ingredients in the root are thought to be eleutheroside B and eleutheroside E, which are lignans. 
Eleuthero Root Benefits
Cognition and Mood
Eleuthero root may be capable of supplementing neurotransmitters in the body such as dopamine, serotonin, and noradrenaline. These neurotransmitters are partly responsible for promoting positive mood and cognitive capabilities.  Additionally, eleutheroside B has been implicated in supplementing neurite outgrowth in the brain.  Neurites are projections from the cell body of a neuron, and can be either an axon or a dendrite. These outgrowths help cells to transmit electrochemical signals; axons transmits signals away from the cell body while dendrites transmit signals into the cell body.
Eleuthero root can also be beneficial to enhancing your workout. One study found that Eleuthero supplementation improved both anaerobic performance and increased time to fatigue, with time to exhaustion increased by 16.3%.  Another study found that Eleuthero supplemented VO2 max levels . Your VO2 max is the maximum rate at which your body can consume oxygen. A higher VO2 max allows you to endure intense physical activities for longer periods of time. Supplementation with Eleuthero root can also maximize the effects on body composition from exercise. 
Eleuthero Root Dosage
The recommended dose is 300mg up to thrice daily.
Synonyms: Siberian ginseng, Ciwujia, Acanthopanax senticosus, Eleuthero, Devil's Bush, Devil's Shrub
Additional ResourcesEleutherococcus Senticosus Wikipedia Entry
Eleutherococcus Senticosus Examine Entry
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.