See all reviews
To ensure a long shelf life and continued potency, it is recommended to store this product in the freezer and avoid exposing it to light.
What is DIM?
Diindolylmethane, commonly referred to as DIM, is found in cruciferous vegetables including broccoli, kale, and cauliflower. In fact, one of the main reasons these vegetables are considered healthy is due to the presence of diindolylmethane.
DIM Supplement Benefits
Diindolylmethane and the Immune System
One of the most prominent benefits of DIM supplementation is its positive effects on the immune system. Diindolylmethane has the ability to stimulate the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR), which is responsible for attacking toxins that enter the body. AhR activation occurs when the immune system is compromised. Diindolylmethane allows more AhR lignans to be present when these situations occur. AhR is also associated with the production of Natural Killer (NK) cells. NK cells are crucial for protecting the immune system from damage. [1,2]
Diindolylmethane and Estrogen Regulation
An overabundance of estrogen can cause multiple complications including cell damage within the breasts, uterus, and cervix. DIM supplements protect the tissue at the cellular level from this damage. [3,4,5]
Since diindolylmethane is an aromatase inhibitor, this supplement is used in the bodybuilding community for post cycle therapy. Testosterone and growth hormone boosters are taken to increase strength and muscle size, but these supplements can cause excess testosterone to convert to estrogen. Using Diindolylmethane reduces the odds of experiencing this hormonal change.
Diindolylmethane Side Effects
Though rare, side effects including headache, upset stomach, and darkening of the urine may be experienced while taking DIM supplements.
DIM Supplement Dosage
The recommended dosage of diindolylmethane is 100mg up to two times daily.
Synonyms: DIM, 3,3'-Diindolylmethane
Additional Resources3,3'-Diindolylmethane Wikipedia Entry
Diindolylmethane Examine Entry
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.