See all reviews
D-Ribose is a supplement that seems to have been taking the world by storm. It is touted as a supplement capable of feats from fighting fatigue to protecting your heart and even helping to extend your life. But what of this is actually true?
What Is D-Ribose Powder?
D-Ribose powder (or really any type of Ribose) is a special type of sugar that is naturally produced by the body. It has also been used to help improve athletic performance, the symptoms of chronic fatigue disorder, and a number of heart issues . A number of these conditions may have their origin in an energy crisis and D-Ribose, as a supplement, may help to increase the entire energy production cycle. In fact, some researchers even consider trying to increase your overall energy levels without using a D-Ribose supplement as like trying to start a fire without using any kindling [1, 2].
The improved blood pumping effect of D-Ribose also improves overall heart function and circulation. More blood is delivered to the skeletal muscles which will lead to less soreness and fatigue that might otherwise result from exercise and physical activity .
The main benefit of D-Ribose Bulk Powder is in the production of ATP, which is the most direct and essential form of energy within the human body. This supplement has also been shown to help deal with symptoms that would normally result from the lack of energy. These can include cramping and stiffness (especially after exercise) .
This supplement as a whole is able to increase overall physical functioning. This includes an increased tolerance for exercise, and even benefits to the heart . Researchers now feel that this supplement also plays a critical role in helping to rejuvenate and improve heart function, especially in individuals with a history of heart problems. It is also able to protect heart muscle function and helps fight off chronic fatigue syndrome .
The basic dosage of D-Ribose Bulk Powder for everyday use is around 5 grams. This can be taken all at once, or spread out over several equal administrations (likely more effective when spread out). Athletes and those engaged in serious physical activity would do well to take between 10 and 15 grams per day, with at least some of this used before and after your workout routine .
Additional ResourcesD-Ribose Examine Page
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.