See all reviews
Coleus Forskohlii (Forskolin) Defined
Coleus forskohlii is an Ayurvedic herb that produces forskolin. Forskolin increases cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) which helps with fat loss.  Forskolin is able to increase cAMP by stimulating adenylyl cyclase.  This, in turn, can increase lipolysis which is the breakdown of fat.  According to Ayurvedic tradition, Coleus forskohlii can also improve heart health and more. [3,4]
Coleus Forskohlii Benefits
Coleus Forskohlii and Fat Loss
This herbal supplement has a number of implications for fat loss and body composition. In one study on overweight women, Coleus forskohlii slightly reduced weight.  While a slight loss in weight may not seem promising, the control group in the same study gained weight.  Coleus forskohlii was able to significantly reduce weight gain. 
Coleus forskohlii’s fat loss potential is even greater in men. This is likely because it boosts testosterone which helps with fat loss. [6,7] This same study noted an increase in lean mass and bone mass.  Another study found that Coleus forskohlii reduced BMI by 2.38-2.6% over a two month period. 
Forskolin and Testosterone
In a study on overweight men, a 250mg dose of Coleus Forskohlii (10% forskolin) increased total testosterone by 16.77+/- 33.77% as compared to the placebo group which lost 1.08+/-18.35%.  One possible mechanism of action is that Coleus forskohlii increases cAMP in the testicles. Normally, luteinizing hormone (LH) increases cAMP in the testicles. By sidestepping LH, it is possible to enhance steroidogenesis. [9,10]
This supplement improves lung health as well. It is an effective bronchodilator.  This means it opens bronchi and bronchioles, which reduces resistance in the airways and improves airflow to the lungs.
Coleus Forskohlii Synergy
Coleus forskohlii synergizes well with a number of supplements. It pairs well with alpha  adrenoceptor antagonists such as Yohimbine.  It also goes well with beta-adrenergic agonists like Synephrine as well as Methylxanthines like Caffeine. [13,14]
Coleus Forskohlii Dosage
When dosing forskolin, be sure to use an extract that contains 10% forskolin. Individuals should take 250mg two times per day for a total of 500mg.
Additional ResourcesForskolin Extract Examine Page
Forskolin Extract Wiki
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.