See all reviews
What is Cissus Quadrangularis?
Cissus — also known as Bone Setter due to its bone health promoting properties — belongs to the grape family and has a history of therapeutic use in India, growing indigenously there and also in Sri Lanka, Africa, and Thailand.  The main active ingredients in cissus are ketosteroids and freidelin, which are forms of triterpenes. [1, 2] Triterpenes are a class of chemical compounds composed of three terpene units — the primary constituents of essential oils of many flowers and plants.
Cissus Quadrangularis Capsules vs. Powder
Cissus capsules and powder both offer the same great benefits, but there are several advantages to choosing capsules over powder. Capsules allow accurate doses to be consumed without the need to measure using a scale. They also offer a way to consume the supplement without having to experience the often unpleasant taste. Capsules are also incredibly convenient and can be taken anytime, anywhere.
Cissus can reduce total cholesterol as well as low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.  LDL cholesterol is also known as ‘the bad cholesterol’ because it accumulates in the walls of your blood vessels where it can cause blockages, which can cause heart complications. Cissus also provides minor protective effects to the endothelium — tissue that lines the interior surface of blood and lymphatic vessels. 
Improving body composition is another area that a cissus supplement can help. One study found that people who took cissus experienced a significant drop in weight over the course of 6 weeks compared to those who did not take cissus — a 4% greater drop.  Another study found that cissus significantly improved body composition over the course of 10 weeks. 
Taking cissus can raise levels of creatine in the body.  Creatine promotes muscle growth and strength gain. Cissus is also a great supplement to take after an intense workout to help relieve aches and soreness. One study found that taking cissus over the course of 8 weeks improved joint comfort in healthy men by 31%. 
Joint & Bone Health
Cissus is also sometimes referred to as Bone Setter because it can improve bone health by promoting the formation of fibroblasts, chondroblasts, and osteoblasts — cells that are involved in the growth and formation of bone and cartilage.  A rat study found that cissus supplementation prevented loss of bone strength and prevented up to 86% of losses in bone thickness. 
Cissus Side Effects
Side effects include headaches, insomnia, diarrhea, dry mouth, and intestinal gas.
Cissus Quadrangularis Dosage
The recommended dosage is 500-1000mg daily.
Additional ResourcesCissus Examine Page
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.