See all reviews
Choline is an essential nutrient often grouped with the B vitamins. It is found in certain foods such as eggs (the yolks in particular), fish, and broccoli. While choline can be obtained from food sources, many individuals do not get an adequate amount of choline from their diets . This is especially true for post-menopausal women. 
Choline acts a precursor to the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is involved in learning and memory which is why choline is often used as a nootropic. 
What is Choline Bitartrate?
Choline bitartrate is formed when choline is combined with tartaric acid. This increases its bioavailability, making it more effective. Choline bitartrate is one of the more popular choline sources as it is more economical than other choline sources. It is considered a cholinergic compound as it increases levels of acetylcholine within the brain. Choline is often paired with other supplements that enhance the effects of acetylcholine for maximum benefits.
Choline Bitartrate Benefits
Choline bitartrate is most often used as a nootropic as it directly affects memory formation. However, choline’s benefits are amplified when combined with other supplements.
Choline Bitartrate and Trimethylglycine (TMG)
Choline oxidizes into TMG. This is significant because TMG helps support methyl donation. Methyl donors help the brain produce a number of chemicals needed to improve mood, concentration, and more. One study showed that inhibiting methylation negatively affects cognition.  Choline is just as capable of increasing TMG levels as TMG is itself. [6,7]
Choline and Liver Health
Choline deficiency has a number of negative ramifications, particularly for the liver. Supplementing with choline can help your liver function at optimal levels. 
Choline Bitartrate Dosage
The recommended dosage of choline bitartrate is 500mg once per day.
Additional ResourcesCholine Bitartrate Wikipedia
Choline Examine Page
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.