See all reviews
This product has been discontinued, and the remaining stock will be liquidated. Take 30% off all liquidation products under Powder City's Partial Liquidation Sale. 30% off discount has already been applied to the price shown.
What is L-Carnosine?
L-Carnosine is an amino acid primarily found in meat, fish, and poultry. The highest concentrations occur in muscle and brain tissue.  In the body, it is used as a supplement for aiding the buffering lactic acid, free-radicals, and heavy metals. [1,2,3]
L-Carnosine is the king of amino acids. Many individuals use it for its health promoting properties. It encourages several other benefits as well, such as promoting metabolic health.
Cellular Health Properties
Researchers suggests that L-Carnosine meets almost all requirements for an ideal cellular health supplement:
- Storage occurs in muscle and neural tissue
- High bioavailability when consumed orally
- Readily passes the blood-brain barrier
- Promotes cell membrane stability* 
To promote cellular health, it buffers free-radicals. The most profound improvements occur in relation to reactive oxygen species (ROS).* 
L-Carnosine and Cognition
L-carnosine acts as a supplement to cellular health while readily passing the blood-brain barrier and promotes neurological health.*  This benefit is furthered due to the natural release of carnosine that accompanies glutamate release. Stacking L-carnosine with green tea extract provides a synergistic relationship that up-regulates cellular health pathways.  When taken together, modulation of endogenous cellular health pathways can occur.
L-Carnosine for Performance
The ability to act as a buffer doesn't just promote cognitive health. It can also promote physical performance.* L-carnosine concentration is especially high in muscle tissue, compared to other tissues. More specifically, L-carnosine concentration is highest in fast-twitch muscle fibers. 
It's no coincidence that L-carnosine acts as a buffer and fast-twitch muscle fibers produce more lactic acid than other muscle fibers.  For this exact reason, L-carnosine supplementation can benefit aerobic running capacity, especially in the case of high intensity interval training.* 
Buffering lactic acid is of upmost importance, in regards to maintaining explosive strength. Consequently, lactic acid disrupts several vital muscle cell functions. Energy production via glycolysis, muscle contraction, and phosphocreatine conversion show the greatest deficits. 
The latter function is particularly important for athletes that repeatedly perform high intensity bouts followed by short periods of lower intensity effort, such as hockey and soccer. Phosphocreatine is the primary fuel source during the first 2-7 seconds of maximum output. Enhanced re-synthesis can help maintain performance throughout the entire game.*
Stacking L-Carnosine with Beta Alanine can amplify the performance benefits of both supplements. Since ß-Alanine is the rate-limiting precursor in carnosine synthesis, yet L-Carnosine catabolism can produce ß-Alanine (if needed), they tend to balance one another. [2,8.9]
Likely as a result of increased concentration in muscle tissue, L-carnosine supplementation can aid in body composition. In several studies, L-carnosine was associated with significant reductions in BMI.* 
The recommended dosage for L-carnosine is 500mg, taken 1-2 times daily.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.