See all reviews
A wide variety of nations and cultures consume black tea and have for quite some time. They don't only use black tea for drinking though; there are a wide variety of black tea health benefits. It has even been ground into fine black tea powder for its versatility and ability to be stored, moved, and traded. Anyone interested in a great tasting method of receiving numerous health benefits should consider adding this black tea powder to their routine.
What is Black Tea Powder?
Essentially black tea powder is the ground up leaves from the tea plant. This plant, Camellia Sinensis, is actually used to produce all different types of teas. With black tea, the leaves are partially fermented and oxidized before being ground into a fine powder . They may be further processed by the crush, tear, curl method (CTC). The oxidation and fermentation process occurs under controlled temperature and humidity. The level of oxidation is what determines the quality of the tea and powder .
As with other teas, black tea powder is rich in chemicals known as polyphenols. This is actually a type of powerful antioxidant which is very helpful in ridding the body of toxins .
Black Tea Health Benefits
There are also a number of substances called catechins found within black tea (powder). There is some evidence to suggest that they are primarily responsible for many additional black tea health benefits to fortify and promote a healthy body .
A 2006 German study suggests that adding milk to your black tea (adding hot water to the powder reconstitutes the mixture into black tea) may also promote vascular health. Additionally, the presence of Theaflavins may help to promote healthy cholesterol levels .
Black Tea Powder Dosage
While there is no recommended daily dose of black tea powder, it is considered safe. Start with taking the equivalent of between 2 and 4 cups of black tea per day. From here, adjust as needed for your own body chemistry.
- Nabarun Bhattacharyya, Sohan Seth, Bipan Tudu, Pradip Tamuly, Arun Jana ,Devdulal Ghosha Rajib Bandyopadhyay, Manabendra Bhuyan, Santanu Sabhapandit (2007). "Detection of optimum fermentation time for black tea manufacturing using electronic nose". Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 122: 627–634
- Johnson, I. T., and Gary Williamson. Phytochemical Functional Foods. Boca Raton, FL: CRC, 2003.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.