See all reviews
What Is Bacopa Monnieri?
Bacopa Monnieri, commonly known as Brahmi, is a creeping marsh plant that has a history of therapeutic use in India.  This herb is fat soluble, and as such is commonly consumed with some form of animal fat. The main bioactive ingredients found in Bacopa Monnieri are Bacosides A and B, which make up roughly 8% of the herb.  These Bacosides are unique to this herb, and are mainly made up of saponins.
Saponins are glucosides that occur naturally and are found in some varieties of plants. They get their name from the fact that they start to foam when shaken in an aqueous solution, much like soap. They have antiparasitic, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties which give them the role of defending plants from herbivores, pathogens, and pests.  While these compounds are beneficial to plants, they are also beneficial to people and that is why this supplement is standardized to bacosides content.
Bacopa Monnieri Benefits
Bacopa and General Cognition
Bacopa Monnieri was traditionally consumed in India for its cognitive enhancing capabilities. Studies show numerous cognitive benefits as a result of Bacopa supplementation. One study found that after taking this supplement daily, there were notable benefits to verbal learning, memory acquisition, and delayed recall.  Dendrites are projections from a neuron that receive signals from other cells.
Bacopa Extract for Mood
Bacopa Monnieri is an adaptogen, meaning that it is capable of lessening or preventing the chemical and physical effects of mental anguish. Bacopa Monnieri supplementation appears to noticeably promote mood and relaxation. [4,5]
Bacopa Monnieri Dosage
The recommended dosage is 750mg daily, taken with a meal.
Additional ResourcesBacopa Monnieri Examine Page
Bacopa Monnieri Wiki
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.