See all reviews
This product has been discontinued, and the remaining stock will be liquidated. Take 30% off all liquidation products under Powder City's Partial Liquidation Sale. 30% off discount has already been applied to the price shown.
Anthocyanins are the compounds responsible for giving blueberries their dark blue color. Since we've concentrated these compounds in this extract, staining can occur with anything that this product touches. For this reason, caution should be used when handling this product.
What is a Blueberry Extract?
Blueberries are a small, round, blue-purple fruit belonging to the genus Vaccinium, much like cranberries and bilberries. There are a variety of blueberries: Rabbiteye, Lowbush, Northern Highbush, Wild Hog, Andean, and Colombian.  Blueberries contain very high concentrations of anthocyanin, which confers roughly 85% of blueberries’ cellular health capabilities.* 
This powder has a bitter taste due to sugars not surviving the extraction process. To mask this taste try adding a sweetener like monk fruit extract or create your own capsules using an encapsulation kit.
Anthocyanins are water-soluble pigments that may appear red, purple, or blue depending upon the pH level. These pigments are not only what give blueberries their color due to the high concentration found in the fruit, but they are also what give blueberries the majority of their cellular health capabilities.* [2,3] While fresh blueberries themselves contain anywhere from .693% to 8.8% anthocyanin content, extracts can be standardized to contain much more, as is the case for this 25% extract. 
Blueberry Extract Benefits
Blueberry extract is a potent source of cellular health benefits. One study found that supplementing with blueberries promoted healthy body composition.  Blueberry extract can also help to promote general cognition and memory.*
Additional Blueberry Powder Benefits
Taking a blueberry supplement prior to and after exercise can aid in promoting muscle recovery from tough workouts.  Subjective well-being was also found to be supplemented when taking blueberry extract.* 
Blueberry Extract Dosage
The recommended dosage is 500mg two to three times daily.
Additional ResourcesBlueberry Examine Page
Anthocyanins Examine Page
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.