See all reviews
About Alpha-GPC Powder 50%
- No clumping: Unlike competing Alpha-GPC powders, Powder City’s Alpha-GPC goes through a custom manufacturing process to prevent moisture absorption
- Tested for purity
- Supplements healthy cognition and memory*
- Includes 1.25cc scoop for easy dosing
- Comes in re-sealable bag to maintain freshness
Alpha-GPC 50% Capsules are also available.
Alpha-GPC is a phospholipid metabolite and precursor to phosphatidylcholine and acetylcholine.  Alpha-GPC is considered one of the best choline supplements available as it only requires 46% of the dose of CDP-choline to achieve similar effects.  It is found in foods such as beef liver, oat bran, Atlantic cod, and milk — though not at levels high enough to be useful — so additional supplementation is worthwhile. 
Alpha-GPC supplements general cognition.  Supplementing with Alpha-GPC promotes the translocation and activation of protein kinase C (PKC), which is responsible for short and long-term memory.* 
Alpha-GPC also supplements learning, thinking, and memorization.  Again, the translocation and activation of protein kinase C play a role in these benefits.  Phosphatidylserine, when taken with Alpha-GPC, can be synergistic in aiding the supplementation of cognition.* 
Alpha-GPC also benefits body composition and power output during exercise.* [9,10]
Alpha GPC Supplements and Stacking
Alpha-GPC enhances the effects of pre-workout products, bringing its benefits of focus and power to your workouts to make them as effective as possible.*
For cognitive benefits, take 300mg-600mg (one flat 1.25cc scoop) per day blended with water, sports drink, or encapsulated. On workout days, try ingesting 600mg Alpha-GPC 45-60 minutes before training, to maximize its performance benefiting capabilities.
Synonyms: A-GPC, L-Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholin, Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine, Choline Alphoscerate, glycerophosphocholine
Why just 50%?
Alpha-gpc is a hygroscopic supplement, meaning it absorbs water with ease. When water is absorbed the supplement can clump or turn into a paste making supplementing difficult. You will also see some companies using dicalcium phosphate with their alpha-gpc for these purposes. Silicon dioxide has a much better absorption rate which allows for the product to have a greater shelf life.
Silicon dioxide is not water soluble so only the alpha-gpc will dissolve when mixing in a beverage.
What if this supplement doesn’t work for me?
"I'm new to nootropics and Powder City, and I'm still learning the right combinations for me. First of all, Powder City has been a great company to order merchandise from my initial order, through the tracking of merchandise sent to my e-mail to keep tabs on it, and ultimately receiving my purchase in excellent condition, on time, and the product itself worthy of my review/time here. Alpha-GPC 50 has worked well for me. I noticed better concentration and a heightened ability to recall information on demand within an hour or two after consumption. In my profession I have to have the utmost concentration and information/memory available instantaneously with absolute accuracy. So when I experience "it" as I have, then I know this is a good product. Of course I've combined Alpha-GPC with other nootropics, but this is the one I keep using consistently with different variations, so it's a star for me. I highly recommend Powder City for the quality of their product(s), prices, and service. Thank you and I have shared your company information with others."- Rabbit
Additional ResourcesAlpha GPC Examine Page
Alpha GPC Wiki
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.