See all reviews
Why Alpha-GPC 50%?
Pure Alpha-GPC is very hygroscopic and absorbs moisture from the air, turning pure Alpha-GPC into a paste if it sits long enough. This is not ideal for supplementation, so we provide a 50% powder. It is manufactured alongside silicon dioxide, which eliminates the hygroscopic problems, and also prevents the 50% formulation from hardening when exposed to air.
What is Alpha-GPC?
Alpha-GPC (Alpha-Glycerophosphocholine) is a precursor to acetylcholine and Phosphatidylcholine. This choline source is naturally occurring in red meats, eggs, and soy. Unfortunately, relying on diet alone does not yield enough Alpha-GPC to experience maximum benefits.
Alpha GPC Powder VS Capsules
Both capsules and powder will provide the same excellent benefits; however, capsules make supplementation much easier and convenient. Each capsule contains the premeasured effective dose of Alpha-GPC so no scale is required.
Alpha-GPC as a Nootropic
Protein Kinase C (PKC) is associated with short and long-term memory. Supplementing with Alpha-GPC promotes PKC activation, thus supplementing overall memory function.* [5,6]
Studies show Alpha-GPC intake promotes serotonin and dopamine concentrations. [1,2] Serotonin and dopamine are neurotransmitters responsible for mood, memory, learning, social behavior, and more. Alpha GPC also encourages GABA production, which is a neurotransmitter that promotes calmness.* 
One study showed that taking Alpha-GPC with phosphatidylserine benefits reaction time, focus, and alertness in healthy college students. This study also demonstrated that these effects are being observed after exercise.* 
Alpha-GPC and Bodybuilding
Alpha GPC is now becoming popular in bodybuilding due to its effects as a pre-workout supplement. Studies show Alpha-GPC caused a 14% increase in power output compared to a placebo.* 
Alpha GPC has also been shown to be beneficial in maintaining a healthy body composition.* 
Alpha-GPC works well with pre-workout products. This supplement will supplement healthy focus and power to allow for a stronger and more effective workout.*
Synonyms: L-Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholin, Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine, Choline Alphoscerate, glycerophosphocholine
Additional ResourcesAlpha GPC Examine Page
Alpha GPC Wiki
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.