See all reviews
What is Alpha GPC?
Pure Alpha-GPC is very hygroscopic and absorbs moisture from the air, turning pure alpha-GPC into a paste if it sits long enough. This is not ideal for supplementation, so we provide a 50% powder.
Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine (more simply known as Alpha GPC) is a nootropic primarily taken for its supplemental cognitive properties. This supplement is also used by athletes as it is able to benefit physical performance and power output.*
It is also widely considered the leading choline source on the market. Choline is a water soluble essential nutrient that is often grouped among the B-complex vitamins. While choline can be obtained from dietary sources such as eggs (the yolks in particular), milk, and soy, it is often much more prudent to supplement directly.
Alpha GPC Side Effects and Benefits
Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine supplemenets cognitive function in a number of ways. As a cholinergic, it is able to promotes healthy levels of acetylcholine within the brain, which is the neurotransmitter responsible for memory and learning . In rat studies, Alpha GPC was able to improve learning in otherwise healthy subjects .
Alpha GPC also has a number of synergistic pairings to improve its brain boosting abilities. When combined with caffeine and phosphatidylserine, it is able to benefit focus and improve reaction time . Another synergistic trio is Alpha GPC, phosphatidylserine, and fish oil (DHA in particular), which promotes healthy nerve cells .
This nootropic also provides athletic benefits as well. In one study, Alpha GPC improved power output by 14% compared to that of a placebo .
Alpha GPC Dosage
For cognitive benefits, take 300g-600g (one flat 1.25cc scoop) per day blended with water, sports drink, or encapsulated. On workout days, try ingesting 600mg Alpha-GPC 45-60 minutes before training, to maximize on its performance and body composition promoting capabilities.
Individuals new to this supplement should start with the smallest suggested dose to establish a baseline before increasing.CAS Number: 28319-77-9
Synonyms: alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine
- Kidd, Parris M. GPC (ClyceroPhosphoCholine) Mind-Body Power for Active Living and Healthy Aging. First ed. N.p.: TotalHealth, 2007.
Additional ResourcesAlpha GPC Examine Page
Alpha GPC Wiki
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.