See all reviews
What is Acetyl L-Carnitine?
Acetyl L-Carnitine is a supplement that provides a more bioavailable source of L-Carnitine, an important amino acid produced within the body [1, 2]. L-Carnitine plays a crucial role in proper heart and brain function, muscle movement, and several other body processes . It also enables the body to convert fat into energy . Although it is not common, some people suffer from L-Carnitine deficiencies due to certain health conditions or medications . L-Carnitine, although produced in the body, can also be found in red meat, dairy products, fish, poultry, wheat, asparagus, and several other sources [2, 3].
Benefits of Acetyl L-Carnitine
Acetyl L-Carnitine supplementation provides the body with many benefits, not the least of which is its roles in fighting free radicals and in enhancing cellular metabolism [1, 2, 3]. By boosting the energy available in the mitochondria of cells, Acetyl L-Carnitine is able to promote physical and mental energy . Acetyl L-Carnitine supplementation is also incredibly beneficial for proper heart and nervous system function.
Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR) Dosage
The typically recommended dosage for Acetyl L-Carnitine is 500mg taken 2-3 times per day. It is best to start with a smaller dosage and gradually increase as necessary based on how your body responds to the supplement . Acetyl L-Carnitine has been found to be safe for most adults when taken properly, but reactions with certain medications may occur, so it is best to consult with your physician before supplementing. Side effects such as stomachache, nausea, vomiting, and restlessness are mild and typically only occur in much higher doses .
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.