Powder City is dietary supplement ecommerce business expanding its manufacturing operations. We are looking for a Production Manager who will be instrumental in vertically integrating our powder mixing and encapsulation with our move to a larger facility.
Someone with manufacturing layout and work flow optimization experience is preferred. The production manager will help plan the new manufacturing layout and recommend manufacturing equipment.
This position will also optimize work flow and increase efficiency for the existing bulk powder packaging lines. Experience with a company that produces supplements, food products, cosmetics, or pharmaceuticals is preferred.
This position will manage about 15 employees initially. There is currently one shift on weekdays and one shift on Saturdays.
This is an on-site position, but we will pay relocation expenses for the right candidate.
- Manage the selection, training, development, and termination of production employees
- Metrics tracking and development
- Employee scheduling and production planning
- Overseeing quality control for finished goods
- Managing timely finished goods inventory replenishment
- Working with the operations manager to optimize the replenishment process
- Revising and creating SOPs for existing and new manufacturing processes
- Ensuring safety compliance and safety program development
- Layout and work flow planning of manufacturing areas
- Researching and selecting new manufacturing equipment
- Assisting with manufacturing aspects of the ERP implementation
- Increasing cGMP compliance
- Implementing new manufacturing processes such as encapsulation and powder mixing
- Work flow optimization experience
- ERP experience
- 2+ years' management experience
- AS in engineering, business, management, or related degree
- Intermediate spreadsheet knowledge (Google Sheets or Excel)
- Strong analytical skills
- 2+ years' manufacturing experience
- Production planning experience
- GMP compliance experience
- Manufacturing layout experience
- Experience applying lean manufacturing principles
- Production engineering experience
- BS in engineering, business, management, or related degree
- Health, dental, and vision
- 16 Days yearly PTO
- 6 paid holidays
- At cost employee discount on all products
Please send your resume and answers to the questions below to awjobs@PowderCity.com with 'Product Manager' in the subject line:
- With which ERP software do you have experience?
- Do you have GMP compliance experience?
Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These dietary supplement products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult a physician if you are unsure about taking a new supplement. Do not take this supplement if you are under 18, if you are pregnant, nursing, or have any cardiovascular issues.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.