About Powder City
Powder City is dietary supplement ecommerce business located in York, PA. We purchase dietary supplement powders from suppliers, perform QA testing, and then manufacture capsules and package powders for the end consumer.
The Purchasing Manager’s primary responsibilities consist of minimizing stock outs, ensuring multiple suppliers for high volume parts and materials, and negotiating terms and pricing.
This position currently manages one purchasing and sourcing employee, but will eventually manage two employees. The Purchasing Manager reports directly to the QA Manager
We will pay relocation expenses for the right candidate.
- Develop and test qualifying process for new suppliers
- Optimize purchasing work flow
- Grade suppliers on KPIs: quality, delivery time, payment terms, price
- Ensure raw materials supplier redundancies for top selling products
- Forecast raw materials usage
- Minimize stock outs for high volume products
- Monitor raw materials inventory levels
- Establish reorder points and buffer stock for raw materials
- Leverage economies of scale to drive down raw materials prices
- Analyze cash flow to stay within budget
- Communicate receiving discrepancies with suppliers
- Negotiate contracts
- Monitor supplier prices and analyze root causes for price increases
- Develop new supplier sources
- Collaborate with production and receiving
- Prioritize tasks for purchasing and sourcing staff
- Negotiate price, payment terms, and delivery guarantee with suppliers
- Send RFQs to multiple suppliers to ensure optimal pricing and terms
- Ensure PO entry into accounting and receiving systems
- Communicate possible inventory discrepancies with the Operations Manager
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Intermediate Excel spreadsheet skills
- Management experience
- Purchasing experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Project management experience
- ERP experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 16 Days yearly PTO
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Competitive salary
- At cost employee discount on all products
Why Work for Powder City?
Powder City is the frontrunner in the bulk dietary supplements market. We keep our competitive edge by striving to be a low cost leader while ensuring quality standards through third-party and in-house product testing.
With our recent expansion into encapsulated products and premixed powders, such as pre workout powders, we seek to continue our innovative disruption of the dietary supplement market.
As a small yet growing company, Powder City has a relaxed dress code and less formalities than a larger business. We have an open office environment and encourage collaboration among employees.
With close to forty employees, our size allows us to provide personnel with benefits and pay that competes with larger companies.
Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These dietary supplement products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult a physician if you are unsure about taking a new supplement. Do not take this supplement if you are under 18, if you are pregnant, nursing, or have any cardiovascular issues.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.