About Powder City
Powder City is a dietary supplement ecommerce business located in York, PA. We currently have around 40 employees.
HR tasks are growing and we are looking for someone to increase the marketability of open positions, increase the number of applicants, and continue to enhance employee benefits to increase retention.
We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Generalist to assist with all aspects of HR, including position listing creation and advertising, hiring, onboarding, and benefits and policy revisions.
The HR Generalist meets with department managers to gauge current and future labor needs and acts as a liaison between management and employees on company policies and compensation.
Is this Position for You?
Prior HR and payroll experience is required. Experience revising employee benefits and negotiating with health care brokers is preferred.
This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills. These skills are used to gauge labor or skill gaps in the company with department managers and then to create compelling job listings based on these needs.
An HR generalist is ideal for someone who prefers a variety of tasks instead of specializing in only a few tasks. You may start your day researching responsibilities for a new position and then collaborate with marketing on keyword optimization for a job listing. Later in the day, you may be resolving HR policy issues with the operations manager or purchasing manager.
We will pay relocation expenses for the right candidate.
- Collaborate with management to discuss position requirements
- Write and revise job descriptions to match business needs
- Post positions on job sites and screen applicants
- Schedule and conduct interviews and tests
- Check references and conduct background checks
- Research salary, title responsibilities, and benefits for positions
- Assist with HRIS implementation
- Research and test new recruitment methods
- Conduct onboarding and assist with training programs
- Act as a liaison between management and employees on company policies
- Gather and track bonus KPI data
- Payroll (third-party processing)
- Administer employee benefits (health insurance, 401(k))
- Collaborate with marketing to target keywords in job listings
- Revise HR policies and update employee handbook
- Resolve unemployment claims and attend hearings
- Consult with company business lawyer as needed
- Plan company events to improve morale and camaraderie
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Payroll experience
- Experience writing job descriptions
- Familiarity with employment law
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Detail oriented
- 3+ years’ experience in HR
- Familiarity and experience with implementing or revising health care benefits
- Experience recruiting both office and warehouse/manufacturing employees
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 16 Days yearly PTO
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Employee discount on all products
Please send your resume, examples of job descriptions you have written (if available), and answers to the questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- How many years of payroll experience do you have?
- Have you ever negotiated health care benefits with brokers?
Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These dietary supplement products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult a physician if you are unsure about taking a new supplement. Do not take this supplement if you are under 18, if you are pregnant, nursing, or have any cardiovascular issues.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.