See all reviews
About Agmatine Sulfate Powder
- Promotes muscular endurance and recovery post-workout*
- Benefits focus, working memory and sense of well-being*
- Includes 1.25cc scoop for easy dosing
- Comes in re-sealable bag to maintain freshness
- Tested for purity
Agmatine is also available in capsules.
Are you looking to supplement your mind and your body? Agmatine sulfate promotes blood flow which helps users obtain the elusive pump. It also shows positive effects on attention span and memory.
What is Agmatine Sulfate
Agmatine is a byproduct of the decarboxylation of arginine, another popular supplement used in preworkout formulas. Agmatine's molecular structure allows it to deliver its pump inducing effects much faster.
In the body, agmatine is found in every living cell. It's part of the class of amines known as polyamines, which are responsible for acting as bioregulators of a variety of cellular functions. Some of these include the regulation of cell growth and division as well as maintaining proper cell membrane phospholipid content.  Dietary sources of agmatine include fish, meat, eggs, soy, and even beer and chocolate. 
Agmatine Sulfate Benefits
Most individuals think of Arginine when it comes to attaining amazing pumps, but agmatine is here to steal the spotlight. While supplementing with L-Arginine does promote blood flow by itself, agmatine has been shown to be 100x more potent than L-Arginine.  Enhanced blood flow results in nutrients being shuttled to vital areas. Because of this, agmatine supplementation can result in better pumps, improved endurance, more reps, and faster recovery.
In addition to the performance benefits associated with agmatine, research indicates that it may aid in nutrient partitioning (pushing nutrients to muscle instead of fat). This phenomenon is made possible by agmatine signaling for the release of beta-endorphins which makes you feel good after a workout.
Agmatine increases activity in the areas of the brain associated with working memory, attention span, executive functioning, and long term potentiation (memory storage and recall). [6,7,8] Increased activity is the result of agmatine acting as a neurotransmitter and a neuromodulator. [9,10]
As a novel neurotransmitter, agmatine is created and destroyed in neurons at the site that it is also stored.  This mechanism allows agmatine to regulate neurotransmission which helps prevent excitotoxity. Neurotransmitter regulation improves significantly in NMDA receptors, which play crucial roles in memory and learning following agmatine supplementation. 
In the prefrontal cortex, the area of the brain responsible for working memory, attention span, and executive functioning, agmatine increases serotonin (aka the happy hormone) and norepinephrine/noradrenaline. [6,11] By increasing serotonin, Agmatine can improve your sense of well-being and boost mood.  Agmatine increases norepinephrine by modulating Alpha-2 receptors.  Alpha-2 receptors play major roles in the prefrontal cortex's main functions, such as working memory, attention, and executive functioning. 
The hippocampus is the primary region of the brain involved in memory formation and recall, and is also where agmatine supplementation shows even more potential.  Supplementing with agmatine increases activity in the hippocampus and shows improved long-term potentiation. 
Agmatine improves memory by modulating NMDA receptors in the hippocampus both directly and indirectly. [10,13] Agmatine directly modulates NMDA receptors by converting to putrescine which modulates activity in these receptors in a positive manner.  Agmatine indirectly modulates NMDA receptor activity by preventing glutamate-induced excitotoxicity.  Some research indicates Agmatine is a neuroprotective supplement because it modulates these crucial memory receptors. 
Agmatine Sulfate Dosage
500mg doses are recommended for optimal results. Some users prefer to use agmatine in a cyclic manner, such as 3 days on and 1 day off, or 5 days on and 2 days off, to help minimize tolerance buildup.
Agmatine Side Effects
Side effects associated with agmatine are very rare, with gastrointestinal discomfort being associated with excessive consumption. 
What does Agmatine taste like?
To some, Agmatine may have a slightly bitter taste. For those looking to sweeten their Agmatine, we suggest using our Monk Fruit Extract. Powder City also offers Agmatine capsules, or make your own using our encapsulation kit. Here are some of the Agmatine lot organoleptic test results:
Does Agmatine make a good pre-workout supplement?
Many users testify to Agmatine contributing to full pumps, improved focus and increased energy levels, without the stimulants you might find in other pre-workout products. However, there are products commonly found in pre-workout drinks, such as L-Citrulline, L-Arginine, Yohimbine, D-Aspartic Acid and Creatine, that should be avoided while consuming Agmatine, as they are shown to hinder its effectiveness.
What can you stack Agmatine with?
Try stacking Agmatine with supplement like Alpha-GPC, which is shown to increase growth hormone levels, in order to maximize on its ergogenic properties. Also, consider taking Agmatine with a carbohydrate source, as it can boost the process of glycogen re-synthesis.
"Very good stuff! I was surprised and very pleased with how potent this stuff is, even more how fast it kicks in. It's like amped up L-arginine. If you tend to be a bit "high strung," this stuff relaxes you and brings you back into focus quickly. Very relaxing. Great for a pump if you lift weights, like the N.O. supplements, but in a pure form. The "pumped up" effect also works on your male-parts during romantic bedroom activities☺ I will definately be ordering more of this in larger amounts! Powder City's customer service is awesome! I got my order from PA all the way in Seattle in 2 days!"– Bob M.
"Excellent. From the perspective of distance runner, I feel a noticeable effect on endurance when taken 30-45 minutes prior (on an empty stomach) and believe in its mild antinociceptive properties as well. I have tried citrulline malate, L-arginine, and AAKG, but agmatine is a winner in my book. I'm curious to see if it will act as a sleep/recovery aid at night as some have reported. Of note, powdercity's customer service was helpful, thorough, and just. Thank you for the assistance. No doubts in quality."– Anonymous
- Arnsten, AF, L. Scahill, and RL Findling. "Alpha-2 Adrenergic Receptor Agonists for the Treatment of Attention-deficit/hyperactivity Disorder: Emerging Concepts from New Data." JOURNAL OF CHILD AND ADOLESCENT PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY 17.4 (2007): 393-406. Web.
Additional ResourcesAgmatine Examine Page
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.